Wednesday, November 20, 2013

More on Dr. Clay Nichols

An anonymous poster at J4N wrote: "Meier is going to have to build one helluva case if he thinks he can overcome all the evidence presented by the state." I agree. However, Dr. Nichols being the good and even handed physician he is, did leave the defense an opening. He testified that the stab wound was front to back. If I was arguing this case for the defense, I'd be reasonably happy with Dr. Nichols this morning. My self-defense claim just got a lot better. Mind you, Nichols made the state's case and the defense still has to convince the jury that it was self-defense. But, Nichols gave them an opening. He also gave the state a lot of ammunition to counter-attack. Nichols gave an unobjected to opinion that Daye had defensive injuries on his left arm. If I was prosecuting, I would be planning on using that left arm one last time to protect against Crystal's claim of self-defense. Walt-in-Durham

No comments:

Post a Comment