Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Crystal on cross examination

You have a problem with men?

Caught lying about when met Reginald Daye.

Caught Crystal in numerous inconsistencies about rooms.

Said three children and her moved into Reginald Daye's after knowing Reggie for three weeks.

Crystal denies Reginald asked for money back. Even when Officer Knight and the nephew said they heard Daye ask for his money back.

"So you are saying everyone else is not telling the truth."

It really comes down to either everyone is lying and she is telling the truth, or everyone else is telling the truth and she is lying.

"You [Crystal] took the money orders to give your kids money for their trip to the beach."  An alternate theory for the use of the checks.

Very effective cross examination about the request to Knight to take her away. Again, either Knight is lying or she is.

More effective cross - Crystal isn't sure which bathroom door was kicked in. Not sure which one she locked.

Crystal caught in so many inconsistencies. Look to hear about them on close.

4 comments:

  1. I kept count……..40+lies, inconsistencies, crossed up stories. So many obvious physical manifestations of deceit. She would blow up a polygraph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't watch any of the trial, just the press reports. Did Meier put on the record outside the presence of the jury that he advised Crystal not to testify?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meier's advice to Mangum not to testify was outside the presence of the jury.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will say that since the trial has ended, I've read some of these blogs (and Sidney's), and I will say they are interesting, especially a lot of the comments (though I appreciate most of yours). I do want to clarify ... I have never publicly discussed the advice I gave Crystal on testifying, and don't intend to. The hearing with the Judge is standard in every criminal trial - they Judge reminds them they have a right to testify, or not, but it is their choice. That way if they don't, they can't blame their attorney for not testifying. But, that little hearing is done in every criminal jury trial, and was not indicative of what my advice was, or was not, to Ms. Mangum. I just want to make that clear ... I don't intend to discuss conversations with Crystal, or advice I did, or did not, give (whether the advice was obvious or not). But, the analyses of the trial and questions people have, and answers they assume, are amusing. Some are right, some aren't, and some are way out in left field, nice to see you try to bring some back to reality.

    But, really, my e-mail is public, I'm surprised people haven't asked me. I can easily answer what I can. (I have no account on those various ways you can post other than AIM, so I am selecting that - but e-mail to my work account is generally the only way I'd respond).

    ReplyDelete