Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Gun free school zones? Really.

WRAL reports that a suspected robber was shot by NCCU police, twice, once in the leg and once, fatally in the chest. According to the story, Tracy Daquan Bost fired a shotgun at two NCCU Police Officers. They returned fire. When the story first broke, I somewhat facetiously asked how an armed gunman could get on campus. After all it is a gun free zone. I am not a strong supporter of gun rights, nor a strong detractor. I don't own a firearm. I don't hunt any more. But, I don't really object to law abiding citizens owning and carrying firearms. What I do object to is what I view as a misguided attempt to take guns and rights away from law abiding citizens. In the history of our republic we have not found any success in taking rights away from people. And certainly taking them away due to fear is a very bad idea. Walt-in-Durham

No comments:

Post a Comment